For you to have an outdoor kitchen countertop, you definitely want to get the best out of your outdoor space. However, it will require a lot of maintenance and cleaning as it is continuously exposed to weather elements. Outdoor kitchen countertop are more delicate and requires maintenance than those indoor.
We’ve highlighted quick guide on kitchen countertop maintenance:
- Regular, Everyday Cleaning
- Spills are meant to occur but cleaning immediately should be practiced. These spills aided by the weather elements could cause damage to the outdoor kitchen countertops.
Practice immediate and regular cleaning of the countertop. It’ll save the outdoor kitchen granite countertop from damage.
- Avoid Overloading The Outdoor Countertops
- Don’t be tempted to overload the outdoor kitchen countertop. Truly, the granite countertop is tough but will give away easily when subjected to abuse. Do not stand or sit on your countertops.
If you have to place heavy objects, spread it evenly.
- Cover When Not In Use
- Come rain, snow or sunshine, that’s what your granite kitchen countertop go through on a daily basis. You can limit the effect of the weather element by covering when not in use.
A thick clothing, vinyl or any other stronger material will work.
- A Shade or Canopy Covering Is Needed
- Direct contact of the granite kitchen countertops to weather elements isn’t the best. Place your outdoor kitchen countertop in a protected shade.
This will keep it protected all year round.
- Final Words…
- Keep it protected as much as possible and your outdoor kitchen countertop will serve you loyally.